Sunday, April 19, 2009

Saturday Afternoon Baseball

When I found out I was pregnant with a baby boy, I knew that someday he would be utterly obsessed with sports like his daddy was. I just didn't expect it to happen so soon.

On friday we went to Dick's Sporting Goods at the Rio and bought Tyler a baseball bat, some baseballs, a soccer ball, and two baseball gloves. Yes...I said two. We have yet to figure out whether Tyler is right handed or left handed.

On Saturday we headed to find an empty baseball field to play on and were successful!

Daddy & Tyler: Pre-Baseball

Tyler and Daddy played catch for a while, and then did some batting. I was surprised when Tyler hit the ball on his first swing. My two year old is more coordinated and skilled at sports than I am.
Tyler was so eager to be like his daddy. They would throw the balls straight up in the air and then try to catch them on the way down. Tyler was great at the throwing, but not so much at the catching.


After playing in the outfield for a while, we made our way to the infield to test out the dirt. Josh was disappointed that there was no infield grass, but Tyler liked kicking the dirt around, and pretending to be a catcher. I even threw some balls.


When it was time to leave, Tyler cried and made a scene.

The only way we could console him was to promise him a "Special Treat," which he THOROUGHLY enjoyed!

6 comments:

Lollidale Farm said...

Fun pictures...but I especially like the treat at the end!

Lis said...

YOU WENT BACK? TO THE PARK? haha! SO DID I!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUNNY! Only, we went today after naps. We didnt play, we just walked around with BRIAN. Yah, He came!

Tyler is sucha sports NUT! So funny! OH and It was nice to hear him talkin today! WHOA!!! Oh I got to emai lyou back yo!

JWolfgramm said...

Looks like Tyler has some serious baseball skills! How fun!! I think Manoa loves sports too. He already watches ESPN with daddy!

Annie Jarman said...

Holy cuteness!

This and That said...

I really like the fact that you take a lot of pictures and post them on your blog. I love pictures! ;o) And am jealous that you have someone so cute to take photos of. SRT gets tired of me practicing on her and MST is not a willing subject. I need to take pictures to get better! Keep it up...

Anie said...

You better make sure Madi and I are invited to Tyler's first real game!! He'll definitely be the STAR of the show!!