Before we took off, I slathered up my boy with lots of sunscreen and a hat. He chose to wear it backwards and posed for his picture before we were on our way.
My Red Hatted Zoo Thug

He wanted Daddy to wear a matching hat. I guess I could have worn my red hat too, but I wanted to see if I could get some natural highlights in my hair...saves money, ya know?
Oh wait! My Red Hatted Zoo ThugS!

The first animals we saw were the pandas. Last time I went to the Zoo there was a HUGE line to see the pandas, so I didn't really expect them to be just sitting out lounging around for everyone to see. Lucky me!
See the Panda? Awwwwwwwwww.

We headed to the bird house soon after and saw tons of different birds. Flamingos, some big bird that was looking for an escape route, cranes, pelicans, toucans, peacocks, and more.
Those blobs in the tree are ALL birds...BIG birds, (but not THE big bird).

Me and my boo checking out some BIGGER birds.
We saw the elephants despite all the construction on the "elephant trails" which are expected to be done in Summer 2011. What?!
The elephants...anxiously awaiting the completion of their trails...in 2011!!
The elephants...anxiously awaiting the completion of their trails...in 2011!!

Then we went in the small mammals house. Josh and I are convinced we want to build a jungle in our house and buy a tamarin. Tyler, however, loved the meer cats. One kept jumping up and down and Tyler was mimicking him and cracking up! If it wasn't so noisy in there, I would have gotten some video.
Tyler & the jumping Meer Cat
Mmmmmm...lunch! (No animals were harmed in the eating of this lunch...oh except a cow and a pig.)

Some guy who DESPERATELY wants to be part of the Red Hatted Zoo Thug Clan.

We found Tyler's favorite animal...the tiiiiiiigggggggerrrrrrrrr, which is exactly how he says it, and the lions. They both kept going to the door and looking in the window. We think they were hungry and offered to feed Tyler to them, but Tyler declined.
Tyler's favorite...the tiiiiiigggggerrrr.

Lioness on the prowl...prrrr.
We also hit the "kids farm" which is an absolute must, just because it says "kids" and it's on the way to the seals and sea lions. Tyler tried to get the cow to come over so he could pet her, but she wouldn't.
Checking out some cows. COWS? At the Zoo? Yes! (And not the one my sandwich was made out of.)
Checking out some cows. COWS? At the Zoo? Yes! (And not the one my sandwich was made out of.)
Then, we hit my favorite - the seals and sea lions. I love water animals!
Not my best picture of the sea lions, but I thought it was cool how it looks like the people are standing around in the water.

Checking out the seals.
And, for some reason, the bald eagle was nowhere near the bird house, so we saw him too.
The National Bird - the Bald Eagle.
The National Bird - the Bald Eagle.
Before we left the Zoo, we posed for some pics, and exploited a bear. Ok, so it wasn't a real bear, but that would be so much cooler.
My boyz.
My boyz.

Chillin on a bear. Poor baby bear.
Finally, we checked out the turtles. Tyler urged them on, but after 4 hours and 30 minutes of them walking towards us, we finally gave up and walked away in slow motion, so as not to hurt their feelings.
A giant turtle? Or a really small rock?
A giant turtle? Or a really small rock?
Right before we left the Zoo, this is what happened:
Tyler, after four hours of Zoo.
Tyler, after four hours of Zoo.
It was a great, hot, fun, long day!










7 comments:
FOUR hours at the ZOO?? WHOA! Thats a LOTTA ZOO! I think Lexi only lasts like 1!! Im glad you got out there! I know youve been wanting to GO! Love the matching red hats! I think its SO fun to match Lexi! Oh and Im coming over to wear some of your ballerina outfits! WOOT WOOT!
YO! What up, homie??? That was awesome. Oh and I also loved the red-hat-club IMPOSTER! HA HA! This was just excellent. I had so much fun reading it! I LOVED the picture of the people and the sea lion too! So cool! And I can't believe you saw the pandas! The last TWO TIMES we went, there were no pandas to be found. WHERE DO THEY GO??? I mean, how do you hide a panda?
I am totally impressed that you managed 4 hours anywhere!
Cute Pandas - glad you got to see them.
My favorite picture in this whole post (and they are all excellent, mind you), is the one of the two of you eating lunch. I love that he is wearing a bib on a picnic. My children are the world's messiest eaters, and I have never remembered to take a bib with me anywhere. Mom award goes to you!
Great pics! I'm glad I could get a short trip to the National Zoo through you :)
It looks like you guys had a great time! We went to the Idaho Falls zoo yesterday and had a great time. It's not nearly as big as the national zoo, I hope we can take our kids there someday!
What a FUN day!!!! I bet you're glad now that you waited to go with Josh! Sounds like you guys got to see everything!! Your pictures are awesome! That's nice that Tyler lasted so long. I always feel so rushed at the zoo- trying to see everything before Madi gets too tired!
I LOVE that backwards hat picture. What a ham! Glad you guys had fun at the zoo!
So you really didn't like to get away by yourself? I do it at least once a year. I love it!
Post a Comment