Sunday, May 2, 2010

Long Overdue

On March 15, 2010 we had a Family Home Evening Lesson about Tithing. This stemmed from a chore chart that I made back in early January to give Tyler some simple things to help with around the house. His chores include making his bed, setting the table, and helping Mommy & Daddy (although I am seriously considering adding clean up toys to the list). Whenever he finishes a week's worth of chores, he gets a quarter.


So...by March 15th he was finally to ten quarters, which was when we decided he should pay tithing of one quarter every ten weeks.
This was Tyler's first time paying tithing and so we had a lesson on how much 10% is and made a big deal of filling out his tithing slip and envelope.

Then, the following Sunday we took his tithing to church where he proudly gave it to the Bishop. I can't believe how grown up my little man is getting!!

2 comments:

Anie said...

So this is what you do when you skip church- BLOG!!! YAY for an update!!! I love Tyler's little chore chart- VERY professional looking. Maybe I need to hire you to make my charts for Madi! :) You guys are nice parents to pay your kid for his chores- I'm cheep and give stickers! Way to go Tyler in being responsible and paying your tithing!

The Pickled Red Herring said...

10 QUARTERS??? WOW Tyler is richer than me! I'm coming over to your house to do chores next time I need a little extra spending money!